Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Our team takes pride in our community! We care about the people in our community and want to help out in any way that we can.
Our owner, John Halko, has a huge heart and makes sure to take time to donate to causes that he believes in. John is a long time supporter of the Rescue Mission. In addition to monetary donations, our team has participated in coat drives and donated furniture to support those in need through the Rescue Mission.
We currently hold a Jean Day on Fridays that those in the office are able to participate in. Office employees are able to wear jeans to work on Fridays as long as they donate $2. Currently, the money is being saved to buy toys to be donated to Toys for Tots. Additionally, we are collecting bottles and cans to go towards buying toys for the cause. Last year we were able to donate many toys thanks to our staff.
If you would like to donate money or toys to the cause, please feel free to drop off at our office. We hope to fill a truck with as many toys as possible to make Christmas grand for children in the area who don't have much.
Fire Damage Can be Detrimental to Your Home
Fire damage can cause a great deal of damage to both the structure of your home and your belongings. After you experience a fire in your home, know that we are so happy to hear that you and your loved ones are safe!
It is important to clean up from fire damage quickly and efficiently. Smoke and soot can be very hard to clean by yourself. Many cleaning products will not touch smoke and soot damage, or they will push it around spreading it. SERVPRO has created cleaning products to clean different types of smoke and soot from a variety of different types of materials. Throughout the years, our SERVPRO headquarters has worked with experts creating products to clean up after fire damage. We know that you have items in your home that are very near and dear to your heart that would be devastating to loose. Our job is to ensure that these items are cleaned properly.
When you call us, we can give you tips on what to do to make sure that items are not damaged further until we can get out to the house to perform a proper cleaning. Best of all, we work with insurance companies so that you are not burdened with the cost of cleaning your home from top to bottom!
HVAC Cleaning Experience
Have you ever had a bad smell coming from the vents in your home? Did you know that dust, dander and debris can build up in your ducts over time causing allergies, respiratory problems, and other possible health problems?
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis makes it possible to avoid having breathing and other health problems caused by your HVAC. Our technician, Lew who leads all of our duct cleanings has been working with us for over 13 years. He has experience working with many different types of HVAC units and ducting. He has the duct cleaning down to a science. Lew is able to answer any questions you may have regarding the duct cleaning and can walk you through the whole process before he begins. This way, you know exactly what to expect.
Call to schedule your duct cleaning today before you suffer all winter long breathing in the dust and toxins that have gotten into your duct work!
Locally Owned and Operated
When you're looking for a company to clean up after water, fire or mold damage you can be sure that SERVPRO will be a reliable company for you!
We are independently owned and operated. John Halko has owned SERVPRO of Oswego County for over 25 years. He grew up in the area, started a business and raised a family in the area. John understands how important your home and business are to you! That's why our SERVPRO will take care of you in your time of disaster.
John also takes pride in working with other local companies to ensure that everything needed to complete the job is done. We work with local dry cleaners, industrial hygienists, dumpster and storage companies, abatement and contractors.
We will work with you and make you feel comfortable along the way. Our managers have been with our company for over 12 years and are dedicated to getting you back into your home and business as quickly as possible.
Have you experienced a sewage back up in your home or business? Sewage backups can be very dangerous, as the water can contain viruses, bacteria and other contaminants that have potential to cause illnesses. This is why we do not recommend that you clean up a sewage backup yourself. Let your local SERVPRO professionals clean it up for you! We have specialized training and cleaning products to ensure that the affected area is cleaned properly.
When we come out to assess damage, we first consider whether a water damage is a category 1, 2 or 3. From there, we determine the proper way to clean the area.
The three types of contaminated water:
Category 1: "Clean Water"
Category 1 water is from a clean source like a broken water supply line or leaking faucet. If not treated quickly, this water can turn into category 2 or 3, depending on length of time, temperature, and contact with surrounding contaminants.
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated, can degrade into category 2 or 3
Category 2: "Gray Water"
Category 2 water is contaminated and could cause discomfort or illness. Examples include washing machine overflow; toilet overflow with some urine, but no feces; or dishwasher overflow.
- May contain bacteria and viruses
- Can quickly degrade into category 3 if left untreated
Category 3: "Black Water"
Category 3 water is grossly contaminated and could cause severe illness or death if ingested and any contact should be avoided. Examples include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
We'll be there for you! If you experience a sewage backup, give us a call day or night. We have technicians available 24/7 to clean up the water damage quickly and efficiently!
When looking at companies who can provide you with water mitigation, mold remediation and fire restoration services you might ask yourself, why SERVPRO?
Let me tell you somethings about SERVPRO:
1. SERVPRO has been around since 1967 when Ted and Doris Isaacson founded the company which started as a painting business. Today, more than 1,700 SERVPRO franchises exist nationwide. Therefore, SERVPRO has proved to be an outstanding company. SERVPRO is actually one of the top 10 franchises today.
2. Our SERVPRO started over 25 years ago. Our owner started a SERVPRO franchise, with no other employees, one vehicle and just a couple pieces of equipment. Since then, we now operate with about 20 employees, multiple types of vehicles, a wide range of equipment for all types of work in our field. We have been successful, which has allowed us to grow.
3. All of our technicians are trained and specialists in the work that they do.
4. We work with your insurance company to make sure you are covered for the work that we complete. If your insurance company does not cover a service we recommend, we will let you know the price before the work is done.
5. We work quickly to ensure that your home is back to normal ASAP.
6. We appreciate your feedback! We would like to know if your happy with our services. We also are interested in knowing if your unhappy with our services. We want to make it right, and fix anything that may have gone wrong.